Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I love London! (Solo trip 2016, 4th day)

I woke up early and prepared myself for breakfast. I decided to try the hotel breakfast buffet. I have heard good reviews of the breakfast at premier inn. The costs is 10.50 pounds. Not too bad. They served typical english breakfast, which includes: sausage, bacon, potatoes, grilled tomatoes, and one new item (black pudding). Black pudding is blood sausage which is made from pork fat, pork blood and oatmeal. I thought of trying it, but when I saw the amount of oil, I changed my mind. It's so oily!
Then, aside from that, they have different type of cereal, soy milk, fresh milk, juices, fresh fruit smoothies, hot beverages, etc. 

I plan to visit Big Ben that day! 

By the way, I think I haven't told you that, the public transportation in London is really not cheap. One way of underground train can easily costs 2.5 pounds. But, there is a daily price capping using oyster card. You can find out more about the price from the link. Different zone has different price. I think it's 6.5 pounds daily for zone 1-2. Most tourist places are around that area. 

From Earl's court station, I took green line to Westminster Station. It took me only about 20 minutes to reach the station. As soon as I walk out from the station, I was like "WOW"! It's my second time in London, but I can't remember to be so amazed seeing Big Ben six years ago. I really fell in love with this place!
I took so many selfie pictures just in front of the station. LOL

          (Big Ben)

            (One of my selfie picture with Big Ben as background)

Then I walked further down, along the river, and reach London Eye. Below you could see few pictures that I have taken. 

             (London Eye)

    (My rare nonselfie picture - taken by a stranger) - I think she happens to be a photographer.



After spending about 1-1.5 hours there, I decided to leave the place. My next itinerary is shopping. I wanted to look for the lite Samsonite luggage. It costs at least 400 SGD in singapore. I asked one luggage store in St. Pancras International, they have a promotion going on, buy one and get the second one 50% OFF. However, their color stock is quite limited. So, I plan to go to Westfield Mall. I was thinking to go to the biggest one, which is located at Shepherds Bush, London. I just typed westfield in my google map, and guess what? I was directed to the other mall, which is located at Stratford City. I didn't realized that, until I reached the mall, and looking for Longchamp store, but I wasn't able to find any. What a joke! LOL.... 

Yeah, It could happen in some of my trips if I travel alone. The thing is, when I travel alone, I won't plan in very details way, instead I just look for the information about how to go and where to go on the travelling day. But, I think it's sometimes fun though. 

Oh well.... After realizing my mistake, I took underground train again to the westfield in Shepherds Bush. It's quite far. 





There are a lot of restaurants and shopping centre in the area. Unfortunately, eventhough I found the luggage store, the price is more expensive compared to the one I saw in St. Pancras. So, I didn't get anything eventually.  

          (These are the sale that they have in the mall)

                      (Performance near the mall)

But, I had my simple lunch at the mall. It's a cup of noodle and a cup of water from one japanese fast food restaurant. It is a light lunch. 
                     (My lunch)

Shepherd's Bush station is a red line, (central line). So, from there I took train to oxford circus. It's only about 6 stops. I got a pair of Clark shoes for my mom. Then, few bottles of Crabtree & Evelyn lotion. It's definitely much cheaper. Similar lotion that I bought in London costs 35 SGD, whereas it is only about 12 SGD in London.  

Before going back to hotel, I go to King cross again. Of course to get my samsonite luggage. So, I walked to Piccadilly. Yup, King cross is in Piccadilly line, and so does Earl's court (hotel where I stay).

Hohohoho, and I passed by this cafe, called Cafe Concerto. Six years ago, I passed by the same cafe, and just took picture in front of the cafe. This time I think I have to go in. So, I went in and ordered a cup of ice cream. 



           (Yummy Ice cream)

Oh yeah, eventually I did buy the Lite Samsonite luggage from St. Pancras. I happened to meet one lady in the store. At first, we were thinking to combine our purchase so that we both can get the promotion. But, since I need to keep the receipt to get back VAT refund, and she may need the receipt for warranty purposes as well, so eventually we didn't do that.

Oh yeah, I think I should share one of my experience. I have one old 50 pounds note which I didn't use 6 years ago. Apparently, this old note cannot be used anymore. The only way is to change it in a Bank. However, unless I have a bank account in their bank, else I cannot change the note in any bank. The only bank that will take the note is Bank of England. It was weekend during that time, so Bank of England is close. When I know about this thing, I was so sad. 
So, I just simply throw the question to the salesman in the luggage store. He is a very friendly guy. He suggested me to try money changer. So, I kept that in mind, however, I didn't stop by in any money changer that day. I did the next day, and they took it, by charging me 2.5 pounds, which is of course fine with me. So happy...., else the 50 pounds will be wasted.:D

So, I carried the two luggage back to hotel. It's not easy though, even though they are light. In one station, I have to hold the handrail of escalator, so, I only left with one hand for two luggage. Luckily there is one guy who help me to carry one. LOL. Yeah, I have met a lot of good people in London. 

My dinner is an instant noodle. I brought one packet of penang instant noodle to London. Hahaha, People who knows me well, will know that I won't eat instant noodle at home, but I do when I travel.:D  
                 (My dinner for the day. Yummy....)








No comments:

Post a Comment